Open onto the game-rich southern section of the Kruger National Park, Ukuthula House in the private Mjejane Game Reserve borders the iconic reserve between the Malelane and Crocodile Bridge gates. It’s a unique development in the heart of revered wildlife country, with the Crocodile River flowing right in front of Ukuthula House. Elephant drink, while hippos blow in the river, and rhino graze calmly in the middle distance. A pride of lion may amble past and antelope will scatter as birds chatter, and through the day there’s a passing parade of wildlife – possibly the full Big Five – to be seen from your private deck. This is all happening anyway while the building of Ukuthula House is in progress.
Ukuthula means ‘to be peaceful’ so this is literally the ‘house of peace’ because that’s exactly what surrounds you – along with teeming wildlife. The house is fenced for safety, while the rest of the 4 000 hectare reserve, which includes 10km of the Crocodile River, is seamless with the Kruger Park – so all that lives in southern Kruger traverses Mjejane too. In addition, Ukuthula owners also have unique access to all of Kruger across a private, connecting bridge. This is a timeless, evocative part of Africa, where the environment is just how it always was: ever changing and captivating.
Currently under construction, Ukuthula House is due for completion in April 2022. The property is unlike any other with the architecture, décor and ethos blending North and East Africa with its prime location in South Africa. Unique about the house is a large oasis internal courtyard with checkerboard tiles and vibrant Moroccan colours. Six en-suite bedrooms (two family suites) all with river views, a children’s bunkroom, playroom and nanny’s room alongside form part of the accommodation on offer. Game viewing will even be possible from your lounger alongside the pool.
Plus, there’s also a high tech equipped business and conference centre, as well as play areas for children, decks for yoga and covered entertainment areas and a boma for dining – along with accommodation for rangers and staff. Seamless back up power is also provided. Simply everything has been thought of.
Ukuthula is a thoroughly African lodge, with a Moroccan flavour and touches of old African splendour and luxury, all epitomised by the date palm symbol. It will be beautifully colourful and mystical, with personally designed Moroccan tiles. The decor will be sensitively sourced in Morocco, to ensure the house is authentic and thoroughly enchanting. Of course it will be fully staffed too and the Butler has already been appointed.
A total of just 12 owners will have access to this exclusive property, and only four shares still remain. Ukuthula House is a four-hour drive from Johannesburg and an hour from Nelspruit airport, making it very accessible for bush getaways that are decadently private and exclusive. This is an unparalleled dream escape for wildlife lovers and those who enjoy beauty and flair.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE IMAGES OF UKUTHULA HOUSE ARE CONCEPTUAL – FOR DETAILED PLANS AND ARCHITECTURAL RENDERS PLEASE CONTACT US ON firstname.lastname@example.org *
- Entrance gate with ranger’s accommodation, laundry, staff area and owners store room
- Entrance with reception desk and library
- 6 Luxurious guest suites ensuite
– Main building – 4 suites (2 family suites)
– A further 2 suites along a walkway through the bush
- Large Moroccan-style open-air courtyard
- Back kitchen with scullery and walk-in cool room
- Fully equipped open-plan kitchen and lounge area
- Open, undercover large entertainment area
- Deck leading to guest suites and pool area
- Large pool deck with loungers and game viewing seating areas
- Boma for under-the-stars dining
- Pool, water purification system, invertor for back up power
- Yoga deck and exercise area
- Upstairs view deck with pizza oven and bar
- Kids jungle gym and play area
- Fully equipped business centre with high-tech conferencing facilities
- 4 hours drive from Gauteng and less than 60 minutes from Nelspruit’s Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
The reserve is home to a spectacular array of wild animals within the 4000 hectares, including lion, leopard and elephant.
Being that it is compulsory to traverse in an open vehicle, this creates opportunities for sunrise and sunset game drives with flexible times. Breakfast in the bush as the sun rises or relax at the dam with a G&T as the day closes, without having to rush through the gates because of closing times.
Mjejane is unique in that there is a bridge linking directly into the Kruger National Park for direct access from the reserve, and owners enjoy this exclusive access in one of the last estates able to offer this.
Price: R2.55m per share
- 4 exclusive shares for sale (12 shares in total)
- Shares include:
- Use of fully serviced lodge up to 12 pax for 28 days per year.
- Two peak weeks allowed on a rotational basis allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- Exclusive access to and affiliated rates at Leopard Creek
- Other costs include:
- R21,000 admin fee on signing
- Monthly levy covering operating costs