Zoning: Agricultural and Residential
Erf size: 3.681ha
House size: 400m2
Key features: Designed to merge seamlessly with the bushveld, KwaBa’s decks and swimming pool take in a panoramic hilly setting, which is also home to the Big Five.
KwaBa is a private four-bedroomed lodge for sale with expansive views over Manyoni Private Game Reserve (MPGR), one of the largest privately owned reserves in KwaZulu-Natal. Designed to merge seamlessly with the bushveld, KwaBa’s decks and swimming pool take in apanoramic hilly setting, which is also home to the Big Five.
Floor-to-ceiling windows and doors guarantee seamless flow outdoors and it’s not unusual to spot wildlife grazing nearby. Previously known as Zululand Rhino Reserve, this 23 000 hectare reserve has 17 dedicated landowners who dropped their fences in 2004 to create one protected area for wildlife. All passionate conservationists, the reserve has seen historic species return
The reserve was subsequently chosen as a release site for the WWF Black Rhino Range Expansion Project and in 2005 a founder population of black rhino were released. By 2009 the reserve was proclaimed as a Nature Reserve under the Protected Areas Act 57 of 2003.
Luthuli is the largest concession in Manyoni Private Game Reserve (4664 hectares). Manyoni is on the border of the exclusive Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve, a five-star property that won World’s Leading Luxury Private Villa award in 2017.
Expect extraordinary diversity here, with a mix of riverine woodland and savannah interspersed with hilly regions. Distinctive Umbrella Thorn Acacias, striking candelabra Euphorbias, massive Marulas, Weeping Boer Bean, Bush Willow, and Tamboti trees dot the reservealong with Knobthorn Acacia forest, all of which is home to over 455 bird species at last count – it’s no surprise then that Manyoni means ‘Place of Birds’ in Zulu.
The sale of KwaBa includes:
• Lodge buildings and surrounding plot per title deed:
• Four bedrooms en suite
• Guest toilet (shower and basin included)
• Family room
• Swimming pool
• Air-conditioning throughout
• Automated external security shutters throughout
• Industrial size back-up electric generator
• All lodge furnishings (excluding specific personal items) and fittings
• Landrover game vehicle in excellent condition
• Extensive electrification and water infrastructure (power from Eskom; raw and potable water from the local municipality licenced at 200kl per day)
*NOTE: – The price of R12m excludes a 2% levy payable to Manyoni on the sale purchase price
– Additional option to purchase 12.5% of the Luthuli Development Co. at R3m