Erf size: 1650 m2
Let’s be clear – Mozambique is not for sissies. English is not much spoken here, many roads are a tad bumpety-bump and you’ll find the Scarlet Pimpernel long before you locate a decent latte. However, if you’re a little wild at heart, can manage um pouco portugues and, most importantly, hanker after gob-smackingly beautiful, unbridled nature with a side order of seclusion then Mozambique is probably already top of your pops. In which case The Blue Door should hit the sweet spot and then some.
Spectacularly located on a remote beach near Ponta Malongane this gorgeous home has been a passion project of note for the current owners. They engaged craftsmen from the area, used only local timber and commissioned many hand-hewn pieces to bring together a stylish yet comfortable, contemporary look that segues smoothly into the surroundings. And boy, what surroundings… overlooking a long reach of deserted, powder white sand and clear turquoise ocean which simply teams with marine life.
A particular privilege should you decide to make this slice of heaven your own is to witness turtle laying season. Nighttime sorties to the beach reveal mommies laying their eggs and their tiny, sweet babies hatching and scuttling to the sea. A memory for you and yours to hold dear forever.
If scuba’s your thing there’s no better place… the waters are warm and the visibility outstanding. Should you prefer your oxygen a little closer to the surface, grab a snorkel, or simply take a swim with your goggles on. You’re guaranteed to see spectacular sights even in the shallows.
The Blue Door is set within a small yet secure estate ensuring peace of mind, and when travelling from Durban it’s a mere four hours to the border and then just forty minutes to the house. It serves up a holiday hideaway that’s accessible and yet with a truly remote, other-worldly feel. A place to switch off from that other life, reset circadian rhythms, reconnect with those you love most and satiate your senses with sunshine, sea and simplicity.
What we know you’ll love!
- Taking the kids for early morning walks on an empty beach, beachcombing for bounty
- Soporific afternoons by the pool after long, lazy lunches
- Catching up on novels and getting the board games out for some family fun
- Packing G & T’s, juice and snacks and taking a stroll to watch sunset from atop the dunes
- Feasting on freshest seafood suppers in the moonlit shelter of your protected courtyard
- The balmy, tropical climate, tempered by a cooling sea breeze
- Swimming with dolphins in nearby Ponto Malangane
- Erf size: 1,650 m²
- 2 bedrooms (en suite)
- Adjoining /interleading rooms for children
- 3 bathrooms
- Swimming pool
- Aircon in bedrooms
- Private path to beach
- Can accommodate 4 adults/ 5 children
Price: R5.8m (price includes furnishings / excludes some personal items)