Only one hour’s drive from Cape Town, Scrimshaw is set above the soft white sandy beaches of the pristine warm lagoon which offers super safe swimming for kids. This is off-the-grid living, so there is no WiFi, limited cellphone accessibility and solar power rules supreme. Scrimshaw has a gas hob and oven and a large wood-burning stove to keep things cosy during the cooler months.
Look forward to splendid solitude, watch the tide ebb and flow and swim, paddle or canoe in the warm lagoon. Ride bicycles or walk and explore the untouched nature in this West Coast reserve and remember to look up at the night sky as with zero light pollution the stars here are spectacular.
Time passes slowly here, and once you’ve arrived you won’t want to leave!
- Three bedrooms (two en suite).
- Three bathrooms.
- There are 10 shares in Scrimshaw.
- Each share entitles the shareholder to 5.5 weeks exclusive use of the property per year.
- The weeks are spread out with about 9 weeks between each so you get all the seasons.
- The weeks also rotate so that you get every week of the year over time.
- If you cannot use your time we will swop it or rent it out for you depending on your preference.
R1.85m for 1/10th share (5.5 weeks per year)